Monday, August 1, 2011

Minnie Mouse Birthday Party



My daughter just turned 2! We threw her a Minnie Mouse themed party. Below are some pictures of the treats and decorations.

I got several ideas for the snacks for the party from Patty Cakes Bakery. Including the Minnie Mouse Caramel Apple Below. TUTORIAL HERE.

The key to the ears is using TOOTH PICS to keep them in place. I tried to do the pink skirt like Patty Cakes Bakery did, but mine was not so cute. haha I used some of the melted chocolate to stick the bow to the apple.

The BEST sugar cookie recipe ever, HERE.

I made these Minnie and Mickey Mouse ears for the kids as party favors using this tutorial  I found on The Suburban Mom.
I seriously traced a bowl to and cut out the circles for this Happy Birthday sign. So old fashioned now that there are crickets and Sillhouettes and whatnot haha. I used stencils for the letters. The Minnie Mouse sign with the 2 in the middle was originally going to be part of my cupcake stand like the one I did for my sister's baby shower, but my husband built me a new stand instead :)

This is the cupcake stand my husband built for me using some scrap wood we had in the garage. It turned out awesome.

My daughter's birthday cupcake. I used regular and mini sized oreos to make the Minnie Mouse. Icing to stick the Minnie oreos to the big ones and icing to make the little bow on Minnie's Ear. I got the idea for these HERE.

For more cute Minnie Mouse party ideas check out Heavenly Blooms.

I will be linking up to: these parties



6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful party! Love it! Just saw you at Tip Junkie - love your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute!!! lovin the cookies and the mouse ears. winks-jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just too darn cute. I love the caramel apple mini heads. Yum and so darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect details! Thanks for linking up with Lemon Tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Monday! Just wanted to let you know that I featured your party on my blog @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2011/08/pink-hippo-party-41.html
    Hope you stop by and grab a featured button!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joyous to know about this birthday party and hope you had good time. Few weeks ago, took help of the internet and booked one of the graceful venues in Chicago. Arranged my sister-in-law’s baby shower party there and enjoyed a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...