Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day Gift

Well, better post it late than never. :)

Here was my family's gift to my Mother for Mother's Day:


(click picture for larger image.)

The frame was built by my husband out of a 2x4. There are small black picture frames (purchased from Walmart for a dollar each) holding each of the 5x7 pictures in place.


The inspiration was a combination of:

These personalized mom blocks found on ETSY.

this family sign by Starshine Chic.

I liked the idea of taking pictures of things that aren't letters, but look like letters. I also liked the idea of the pictures being personalized by having each of the kids in them. So I decided to combine them and have a picture of each of us kids (there are six of us, perfect for the word MOTHER,) with or holding a letter to the word mother.

I am the one with the ship wheel by the way. My brother photoshopped his picture so that he is holding the McDonalds sign.

I had to do a little photoshopping myself because I didn't get pictures from 2 of my sisters (H and E.) Definately my fault I didn't get the pictures because I told them super last minute. So I just used pictures of them I already had and made them work. The E wasn't quite as creative as I would have hoped, but it's all I could come up with last minute.

My Mother LOVED the gift.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hey Becky! I love this idea!

    I just wanted to let you know I awarded you the versatile blog award. Congratulations! To accept just go and check out what you have to do here

    www.projectsjustforme.blogspot.com

    make sure to have a look around while you are there and don't hesitate to say hi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...