Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Weekly Meal Plan Inspiration

I spend loads of time browsing around online trying to find new recipes to try. So I decided I'd start sharing my finds to help the uninspired cook (such as myself most of the time!)

Here is what I've got planned for next week:

Monday:
New Mexican Chicken Cordon Bleu: (serves 6-8)
2 Cups Ritz Cracker Crumbs
1/2 Cup Flour
1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1/4 Cup Oregano
2tbsp. Garlic, granulated
lemon pepper to taste
2tbsp parsley
2 Eggs
1 1/2 Cup Milk
Hatch Green Chile, Roasted and peeled
Sliced Monterey Jack Cheese
6-8 Chicken Breasts
oil (for frying)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine Ritz Cracker crumbs, flour, Parmesan Cheese, oregano, garlic, lemon pepper, salt and parsley in a large bowl. In a seperate bowl, combine milk and eggs. Coat chicken in milk and eggs. Coat in dry ingredients, pressing firmly into chicken. Place in hot oil (350 degrees.) and fry until golden brown. Drain. Place chicken on a baking sheet. Place one slice of cheese on each breast. Place green chile on cheese and breast. Bake in oven for 10-15 min or until cheese is melted.

I am not sure where I got this recipe from. I know I found it online in my pre-blogging days so I didn't write down a source.

Tuesday:
Healthified Chicken and Black Bean Burritos

I found the Recipe for these on bettycrocker.com. We have actually made them once already and they are pretty good!

Wednesday:
Skillet lasagna
I have posted this recipe on my blog before. I changed it up a bit, but found the original recipe over at Envy my Cooking.

Thursday:
Chicken and Spinach Stuffed Bell Peppers
I haven't tried this Recipe yet, but I am really excited to try it out this week.

Friday:
Grilled Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Panini

I have recently found The Pioneer Woman and let me tell you that I LOVE!!! She has super easy to follow step by step pictures (which is most definately needed for me.) haha Anyway, I haven't tried to make this recipe yet, but I am super excited about it!

Saturday:
Grilled Bruschetta Chicken

Heard of myspace? Of course. Bakespace? What!! I love it! I found the recipe for this Bruschetta Chicken on Bakespace.com. Unfortunately, there aren't directions. Fortunately, I have made this recipe before.
Directions:
Marinade chicken in KRAFT Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette Dressing. Cook chicken in skillet over medium heat. When chicken is mostly cooked, add desired amount of Vinaigrette dressing, basil, tomatoes and cheese to the top. Cook until chicken is done all the way through and cheese is melted.

Sunday:
Taco Salad


I found this recipe on eatingwell.com; another good place to find healthy recipes. I haven't tried this recipe yet either, but it does look super delicious!

I hope that my hours of searching for recipes saved you some time!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...