Thursday, April 14, 2011

Father's Day Gift Idea


My daughter and I actually made this as a birthday gift for my husband. I realized after the fact that it would have been a perfect Father's Day gift rather than a birthday present. This project was actually inspired by my last wooden sign project. I loved it so much I just had to come up with another idea to make something similar.


I stamped my daughter's hand on a piece of scrapbook paper. Well, actually several pieces by the end of it. This was the best stamp out of all of them. My daughter hates to have her hands dirty. She cried the whole time saying "icky" until I wiped off her hands haha. Poor girl.
I found the wood for the base of this at Hobby Lobby (it is two seperate pieces.) The Sign is just a piece of 2X4 I had laying around in my garage. I painted all of the wood with black acrylic paint.

(click picture to read quote)
I found this quote on a few websites. All of them listed it as 'author unknown.'
I cut some scrapbook paper so it would fit to go through my printer and I printed the quote onto it. I also did the same with 'Dad,' on the front. I Mod Podged the scrapbook paper to the 2X4 and then coated over the top of the scrapbook paper with another coat of Mod Podge.

I will be linking up to THESE PARTIES.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. so cute !!!!

    http://sailingwithbarefeet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. look easy to do and i think can be used for both birthday and father's day.

    Send gifts to pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its good way to send fathers day gifts and tell how important he is in your life.
    fathers day gifts to pakistan
    Nice blog..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...