Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Under My Umbrella Inspired Signs

The inspiration for this sign came from Melinda over at Under My Umbrella.

These signs are great for birthday gifts. I used the "You make my cookie crumble sign," because I am also giving the girls come of my soft, chewy COOKIES.


I was able to find all of the wood for this project at Lowes and Hobby Lobby.
My husband spray painted the first coat for me so that I wouldn't have to use a dozen coats of White Acrylic paint to cover the wood. ((LOVE HIM <3))
After the paint dried I used 'Distress Ink, Walnut Stain,' and gave the wood a distressed look.


I of course I had to make one for myself too :). My husband was pretty happy about it because I told him I could use it for every holiday; which means less crafts to store and bring out every holiday.

I used velcro circles and hot glued them to the wood. I also hot glued the corresponding velcro circles onto the fabric flowers. That way I can change them out to match whatever holiday it is. I didn't do the same thing on the cookie plaques unfortunately because it was an afterthought.


I found a tutorial on how to make a Ruched Flower over at Originate and Renovate.
It's funny I told myself I wasn't going to make any St. Patty's Day decorations, to try to contain my holiday craft obsession. Whoops. :)

I am linking up to: these parties

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. love these! Great job thanks for sharing! Also love the velcro flower part

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love those! I want to make some bad! I bought all the stuff for them, but need to get off my behind and do it. Thanks for sharing and I love the rouched flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HAVE to make one of these this is so adorable. I am visiting from Lil Luna's link party. Thank you so much for sharing I seriously just bookmarked this I just have to make it.
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just too cute! One more thing for my "to do" list! I came from Sassy Sites and now a new follower. Would love to have you stop by sometime.
    www.acreativeprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! I am adding to my to do list!!! and heading over to Lowe's haha
    ladeedacreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those photo displays. The flowers add the perfect touch. Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i saw this on there too and didn't think to switch it out- what a FAB idea!! love!!

    we would love it if you could link up w/ us this weekend :)
    lollyjaneboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute! I love how you made it versatile for all the holidays!
    Thanks for linking it to my Organizing Mission link party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! I featured this on Hoo's got talent! Thanks for linking to the party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just too cute! I'm your newest follower! ~Amy
    http://amy-showalter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is cute! I like the cookie crumble sign the best. =]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for Linking to my Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so cute! thanks, Becky for sharing and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've made signs like these before but love the idea of having the interchangeable flowers on them. Thanks for the idea!
    http://lexmallabooks.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...