Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Healthy Meal: Buffalo Chicken Wraps

So the hubbs and I are trying to eat healthier. I mean our dinners haven't really been bad, as in unhealthy, but we are just trying to focus more on making them healthier.

Tonight we had Buffalo Chicken Wraps.



These are super yummy! Before, we used tortillas and had them as tacos. I think they are just as good, if not better with the lettuce.
I don't have a recipe really, but I'll tell you what I did.

I cooked the chicken on a skillet and seasoned it with Paprika, Salt and Pepper. When the chicken was cooked almost all of the way through I added Franks Red Hot Sauce, diced onions and cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.

After the chicken was cooked all the way through, I spooned the chicken and onions onto the lettuce. Then I added Pico De Gallo. OH how I LOVE Pico de Gallo. I usually make the Pico myself, but that is super time consuming. The brand I used for these wraps is called "Rojos." I bought it at Costco. Let me just say, I will probably never make pico de gallo myself again haha.

My husband added more franks to his after the chicken was on the lettuce, but it was already spicy enough for me. OH, and as a side note.. I'm not a HUGE fan of Franks, but for some reason when you add the Paprika to it, it is phenomenal.

I am linking up to: These Parties

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Yum! That looks good! I’m a new follower Happy Friday!! I would love for you to stop and take a look at my blog as well! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMMMMM~~ I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, healthy and delicious! The best kind of recipe ;). Thanks so much for sharing. I just want to try it now! lol. I am your newest follower. Have a great day.
    Humble Homemaking

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound delicious. I'm having a party over at http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/ I would love if you stopped by and linked up your project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these looks yummy! thanks for linking up and I hope to see you again this week! ^^)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...