Monday, January 3, 2011

Skillet Lasagna

I have been completely uninspired and unmotivated to cook dinner lately. I do like to cook, but I'm burnt out on the "usual." Also, recently I tried a new recipe and it was not good at all. My husband said it was my first not good meal I have ever cooked haha. Ever since I have been a little aprehensive about trying new recipes.
FINALLY, finally! I found something that was different than I normally make and the recipe seemed pretty easy (and was easy.)

Introducing Skillet Lasagna:
2 lbs. Diced Chicken
1 Onion
2 Cans (Petite) Diced Tomatoes (drained)
1 ½ (13.25 oz.) Jars Spaghetti Sauce
1 Box Penne Noodles
1 (16oz.) Cottage Cheese
2/3 Cup Sour Cream
2 Cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Italian Seasoning
Salt & Pepper
Garlic Salt
I found the recipe on Envy my cooking. I changed it up a bit; diced chicken instead of the ground beef, penne noodles instead of bow tie or rotini, and I omitted the zucchini.

This recipe made a lot for our family. Definately too much for two grown ups and a toddler, but I'm excited for the left overs because it was so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...