Saturday, January 22, 2011

Becky's Mexican Chicks in a Blanket

My friend Brittany sent me a recipe a while back for some chicken crescent roll sandwiches. From what I remember of the recipe it was basically cream cheese and canned chicken in a crescent roll with crushed crackers on top. I'm sure there was more to it, but I couldn't find the recipe to reference exactly.

Anywho, since my husband and I are huge fans of spicy, Mexican food we needed to spice up the recipe a bit.

Becky's Mexican Chicks in a Blanket


Ingredients:
4 Chicken Breasts (depending on how much chicken you want in each crescent)
8 oz Cream Cheese
4 oz can of Green Chilies
Crust
1 Cup Ritz Cracker Crumbs
1/4 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
2 Tbsp Oregano
1 Tbsp Garlic Salt
1 Tbsp Parsley
Mexican Spice Mix
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

Preheat oven to specifications on Crescent package instructions. I use the Pillsbury brand.

Cook chicken breasts on skillet over medium heat. Meanwhile, combine spices to make "Mexican Spice Mix" into ziplock bag. Cut chicken into small chunks. Season with Mexican Spice Mix.

(Yeah, I know messy picture. That's real life cooking in Becky's kitchen though; a hot mess.)

Crush Ritz cracker crumbs and combine with flour, Parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic, salt and parsley in bowl.

Grease cookie sheet. Firmly press crescent rolls in Ritz cracker mix. If you would like you can coat 'outside' of crescents with butter to help mixture to stick.




Lay Crescents open onto cookie sheet.


Add 8 oz Cream Cheese to chicken in skillet. Stir until cream cheese is softened and thoroughly mixed with chicken. Add green chilies to mixture.

Spoon chicken mixture onto center of crescent and roll according to instructions on crescent package.

Cook Crescents according to package instructions.

I'm linking up to: THESE PARTIES
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. that looks so tasty, I may have to try that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...