Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cafe Rio Chicken

I tend to get stuck in the rut of making the same four or five recipes for dinner every week. I started rummaging through my recipe books to find something new to try. I only have a few recipe books and I feel like I have gone through them a dozen times, but I decided to give it another try.
I recently had Cafe Rio for the first time. It was A-MA-ZING! I had never even heard of it until it was decided that that's where we were headed for dinner.
Anyway, I found a recipe for Cafe Rio Chicken in one of my cook books!! So exciting! It's funny because I know I have looked at the recipe before and thought, really? Chili powder and Italian dressing!? Weird.
It most definately did not taste weird.

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
1 small bottle Kraft Zesty Italian dressing
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 Tbsp. cumin
3 cloves garlic
6-7 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Pour all ingredients in crockpot on low for 4 hours. Shred meat and cook for one more hour.

If you have had Cafe Rio, you know that they also have super yummy Pico De Gallo. I searched around online for a recipe and found one on foodnetwork.com

The first time I tried this recipe, I also made guacamole. It was my first time ever making guacamole. It turned out pretty yummy!
This time I didn't have time to make guacamole so I only had the pico de gallo and chicken in a burrito.
Since I love this recipe so much I made lots of extra chicken for left overs. I had it again, but added some skillet potatoes and Filibertos hot sauce. YUM!

1 comment:

  1. After I found your recipe today I had to go look and see where Cafe Rio resteraunts are located because I saw a semi carrying a Cafe Rio van going east through St. Louis last week. Weird since all locations are a few states west of here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...